EAST HAMPTON HAWKS CHEERLEADING PROGRAM
Here at our EH Hawks Cheerleading program, we pride ourselves to keep up our reputation of having professional cheer coaches who practice teamwork and safety with all or athletes. We promote positive health and behavioral traits for all, and accept all levels of cheerleaders! There are NO tryouts. We believe that this youth program is a fantastic way for the kids of our community to learn how to work well with others, stay active, and become leaders of the future! They also learn to have pride in their community, while having fun and supporting our football players throughout the fall
* The East Hampton Youth Football and Cheerleading organization is a member of the Connecticut Youth Football League(CTYFL). This is a local league consisting of teams from East Hartford, Bloomfield, Windsor,South Windsor, Durham/Middlefield,Haddam/Killingworth, Rocky Hill, Wethersfield,Glastonbury,New Hartford,and Vernon. We will compete at our first competition against these towns, and will have games throughout the season in these towns and/or at our home field at the East Hampton Middle School.
* As Soon as our Hawks season is over, the EH Middle School cheer season begins which allows our A&B squad cheerleaders to go right into the winter season with their school, and compete for the EHMS. Once the 8th graders go on to the high school, they will have the opportunity to progress onto the Varsity Cheer squad with more difficult competition, and much experience behind them!
DIRECTORS OF CHEER:
* Our program is run by Head Cheer Director Holly White, who also serves our town as the Head of the EH Varsity Cheerleaders at the High School. Holly also volunteers her time as the assistant Middle School coach, and spends countless hours volunteering on the Hawks board. Holly is a certified coach through the State of Connecticut, and has six years of coaching experience, and ten years of cheer experience including participating in D1 collegiate cheer. She is assisted by Kate Adams, the Co-Cheer Director of the Hawks who has been volunteering her time for two years with the organization, and has many years of experience coaching youth sports. If at any time you have any concerns, or questions, please reach out to us at EHHAWKSCHEER@GMAIL.COM
* All of our coaches are Volunteers, and should be respected by all parents as such.
These volunteers spend countless hours coaching the cheerleaders to the best of their abilities, and all go through a background check. They are safety certified through the American Association of Cheerleading coaches and administrators(the AACCA)
* Registration starts each spring, and an open house is made available to all incoming new and returning Hawks Cheerleaders. Each squad will hold up to 25 cheerleaders, so sign up early to ensure your child has a spot. If more sign up than allowed for, we will take first come first serve unless we can create a second team. We do not hold tryouts, all cheerleaders are welcome. This year, our Open House is April 26th at 7pm at Sports on 66. Registration and payments can be made through the website
* All required documents include the CTYFL athlete information page, the signed physicians statement, the opt-out form, as well as the player/parent code of conduct form. Every family will be responsible for fundraising, and if not must pay the buyout fee as shown on the opt-out form. Each family will be required to help at least ONE time at concessions during their child's scheduled game, and each Cheer family will be assigned to a week of mat help which involves one person per family helping to set up and put away mats(schedules will be sent out for this).
* IF the player/parent code of conduct is not followed throughout the year, the parent will be asked to remove themselves from the program. This form must be signed by Every Parent. This must be accomplanied by a photo of your child(not photocopied but original photo), a COPY of your child's birth certificate and a payment made online.
AGE ELIGIBILITY :
* EH Hawks is open to residents of East Hampton, as well as Portland and East Haddam. We currently have five different squads, A,B,C,D, AND Mascots, and the teams are broken down by age as of the current year by December 31st.
2003 - 14 years old by December 31st
2004 - 13 years old by December 31st
2005 - 12 years old by December 31st
2006 - 11 years old by December 31st
*2007 - 10 years old by December 31st
*2007 - 10 years old by December 31st
2008 - 9 years old by December 31st
2009 - 8 years old by December 31st
2010 - 7 years old by December 31st
2011 - 6 years old by December 31st
2012 - 5 years old by December 31st
* The cheerleaders must be at least 5 years old by December 31st of the playing year. These squads could change by age due to the enrollment numbers from year to year, and are decided by the the Hawks board of directors.
* Our season starts August 1st and runs through mid-November, and the squads practice 2-3 days a week, and they cheer on the sidelines on Sundays at games. From August 1st thru September 1st, they practice outdoors on the Middle School Field. On September 1st, they move inside to the Middle School gym/and or cafeteria where they will practice on mats.
* We generally have two competitions for teams A,B, and C Squads. D attends the first competition and performs an "exhibition" routine. The first competition is in mid-October through our CTYFL program, and the second one we attend a State's competition in the middle to end of November right before Thanksgiving. Both of these competitions are usually on an early Saturday morning at a surrounding town in Connecticut, which we know the dates ahead of time, although we usually do not have the exact times and information until that week. All information on competition will be communicated AS SOON as we are informed by the CTYFL league.
* A complete schedule will be provided to all registered families as soon as all game times are received from the CTYFL.
Weather- Please expect to attend ALL practices and games despite weather. Our athletes attend despite slight adverse weather conditions. Cancellations due to dangerous/and or serious weather conditions will be posted on our Facebook page and emails will sent if there is a cancellation. We provide our cheerleaders with ponchos to keep them dry from the elements if necessary.
*Uniforms are provided for all cheerleaders, which will include a skirt,a long sleeve top and a jacket. Bows for games and competitions will be provided as well, and the girls must wear their hair up in a pony-tail in a hair tie with their bow at every event. Please have your child come prepared as we do not want to be doing hair at practice/games/competition. The cheerleaders will be fitted over their clothing in August , and will receive their uniform prior to the first game. All uniforms must be returned at the end of the season at our winter banquet. Uniforms are numbered and kept track of at the beginning and end of the season.
WHAT TO PURCHASE:
*White no show socks
* Cheer Sneakers MUST be purchased for safety reasons prior to September 1st
when we move into the gym. If they do not have these sneakers, they will have to sit out of practice. See link below to purchase:
* A basic black cami tank must be work under all uniform tops.
* Short black bloomers must be worn under skirts.
* The shirt and bloomers must not have any writing on them and must be ALL black. In the cold, ALL black basic leggings may be worn under the skirt, and all black hat and gloves may be worn. The only substitute that can be worn in cold weather are Hawks leggings, Hawks hat or gloves.
* Cotton/lycra clothing is best for practice including t-shirts, and shorts. White no show socks, cheer shoes as of September 1st.
RULES REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION:
FOR SAFETY AND COMPETITION REASONS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES BELOW:
* NO JEWELRY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING FIT BITS, RINGS, TOE RINGS, BELLY BUTTON RINGS OR BARS, EARRINGS, NECKLACES, BRACELETS, NOSE RINGS,TONGUE, AND EYEBROW RINGS.
* DO NOT GET YOUR CHILD'S EARS PIERCED BEFORE SEASON BEGINS AS THE EARRINGS MUST COME OUT!
* HAIR MUST BE PULLED INTO A TIE, AND ONLY NATURAL HAIR COLORS ALLOWED.
* NO MAKE-UP, TATTOOS, FAKE NAILS OR NAIL POLISH
* NO BARRETTES AND OR HAIR CLIPS
* NO JEAN SHORTS, SKIRTS, OR SKORTS CAN BE WORN, OR CAMIS OR SPAGHETTI STRAPS
* BLOOMERS ARE REQUIRED TO CHEER AT GAMES AND COMPETITION
* NO GUM!!
* COACHES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST ITEMS!
* NO SHOWING OF ANY TYPE OF CLOTHING UNDER SHIRT UNIFORMS.
* Attendance is commonly misunderstood with the cheer program, as it is critical that the girls be there for practice when they are involved in Stunting. Stunting requires repetition for safety, and the cheerleaders are often grouped together for their varied strengths. If one cheerleader is not there, it is common for their group to not be able to stunt at that practice, which puts them behind their competition routines.
* While we understand there are other commitments, we ask that during the short three and a half months that this program runs, your child attend EACH and EVERY practice/game possible. We strongly support dance, gymnastics, and other programs that enhance our athletes abilities as a cheerleader. We ask that any conflicts be brought forth to the directors at the beginning of the season. Special accommadations can be made and approved by a cheer director for those who come forth befor the season begins for extracurricular conflicts or health conflicts.
* Cheerleaders are to be ON TIME for games ONE HOUR prior to game start time. The cheerleaders should have already eaten and should be ready and prepared to start practicing at eht one hour start time. Cheerleaders should come with their hair up and bows in, please do NOT ask the coaches to do this for your cheerleader. Coaches use this time valuably to practice competition routines, stunting, half-time routines and any other routine material that needs to be practiced. Tardy's are NOT acceptable.
*If there is a tardy cheerleader, they will not perform in the halftime routine for that game. Please do not approach coaches during game time! If there is something you as a parent need to discuss, please email us and we will set up a meeting time.
* For Both PRACTICES and GAMES attendance will be recorded as follows:
As of September 1st, the following will apply:
* 3 Tardys = One absence
* 4 Absences or more NOT DUE to family or medical emergencies(All approved absences must be cleared by Holly White)= NO Stunting IN Competition
* A parent MUST call or text the coach to alert them of their child missing a practice or game, and it will be recorded.
* If your child will be on vacation in the month of August, please alert a director prior to the start of the season for approval.
* If financial hardship exists, please email us for more information on how to obtain possible scholarship for the season.